Sell Back Books for Cash quickly with an ISBN Buyback Search:
You can sell back books for cash whether they are new or used, not just sell back textbooks for cash. So today we want to talk about a few more things to remember when selling back books for cash.
- Usually, the best way to get the best buy back price for your used book is to conduct an ISBN buyback search. The International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is a unique identifier for books, kind of like a social security number. It was originally, a nine digit book number created in 1966 at Trinity College in Dublin. This became the 10 digit book label created by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) was published in 1970 and was the standard until it became necessary to change to the 13 digit ISBN in January of 2007 due to a shortage of ISBNs. In fact, once the “978″ prefixes are exhausted they will become “979″ as is already planned. The 13 digit ISBN, also know as EAN, contains information about the published country, group, publisher, title, and a check digit. You will also occasionally see numbers after the ISBN which contain original list price information. The ISBN can usually be found on the back of a textbook, but sometimes college bookstores will paste incorrect labels over older editions, instructor, examination, and even international editions. While the content is often the same, the book is truly not the same and most used book sell back companies are very strict about you sending them the ISBN buyback you received on the quote they provided to you.
- Make sure when you sell back books they meet our condition guidelines – this information can be found in our help section under, “You only take books in “Good” or better condition. What exactly is good condition?” We constantly get books that have broken bindings, water damage, or textbooks that have markings and highlighting on every single page. If your college bookstore refused to buy your textbook because of condition, sell back book companies, including us, certainly will not buy it back either. Also remember, we will not send back books that do not meet our condition guidelines – they will be recycled if possible.
- When you sell back books double-check the book your are selling back for cash is actually the buy back quote we are offering, and that it meets our condition guidelines. The next thing is log into your existing account, or create a new, and remember we allow you to use your Facebook credentials for easy check-in. Decide if you want to be paid by check or paypal – if you decide you want your payment via check – please make sure your payment address is correct. Remember, we issue payment within 10 business days AFTER your book has been inspected and received at our warehouse. You will receive an email that your book buy back payment has been issued. You can always check the status of your order by logging into your sell back account. If the status has not changed it is not because we are ignoring you, it is because we have not yet received your buyback order. Emailing us only serves to slow-down our response time to other issues.
- Now print out your free shipping label and packing slip to complete selling back books.
- Carefully package your used books, we have supplied you with tips in our help section, and blogged about some good articles. Remember you are essentially sending cash in this package, so package your textbooks for buyback as you would if sending cash. Do not just use one piece of tape, a flimsy box, and expect your book to arrive in good condition, if at all. The post office runs your shipment through large high-speed sorting machines, not a white-glove service, which means packages get destroyed and lost all the time. However, if you follow the tips we have provided it will provide your buyback shipment the best chance of reaching our warehouse in either Austin, TX or Denver, CO.
- Hand your well packaged buyback book order to your postal carrier, or drop it off at your local post office.
- Media mail is slow, but generally arrives in 7-14 days after mailing, but can take as long as 30 days to arrive. Generally, if your order has not reached us within 30 days it has likely been lost by the post office and you should file a lost mail claim with them. Again, if you have not heard from us within 30 days of selling used books back for cash it probably means your package has been lost and will never arrive.
- Once your textbook buy back order arrives into our warehouse, it is opened, the books are inspected to make sure the ISBN you sent matches your sell back quote, they are condition graded and checked to see about media like required CDs or DVDs, and finally your order is checked into our system.
- Once a buyback books order has been checked into our system the accounting department picks up an unpaid order and generally processes once or twice a week. Paypal payments happen pretty quickly, while checks are mailed out usually once a week via First Class Mail and take 3 to 5 business days to arrive, provided you have given us the correct mailing address.